Sunday, August 01, 2010

San Diego Part 2 - Zoo and Train Ride and Down Time

We did a lot of fun things but also a lot of down time just hanging out at Gammy and Pa-paw's house. I caught the kids playing games on Gammy's computer. How sweet is this! She even gave him a kiss after I snapped the picture.

Doing some worksheets with Gammy.

Drawing fairies with Pa-paw.

There were so many good pictures from the zoo, that I just put them in a slide show. The kids had a great time. We went in the evening and had dinner there and the kids stayed up late. We couldn't fit a stroller into the car for our drive to SD so we rented one at the zoo. FANTASTIC IDEA! It was an easy stroller for them to jump in and out of. The animals were very active and the dinner place was empty. It was a VERY good zoo trip.


Our next big adventure was something that my mom and dad had talked about doing for awhile. My mom was unfortunately working, so my dad and I took the kids alone. We hopped on a Coaster train from Solana Beach to Old Town (a 35 minute ride). We ate lunch in Old Town and wandered some museums and then rode back to our car and drove home. The ride there was VERY exciting. Will couldn't stop talking. He informed the lady sitting next to us that he saw the Great Wall of China out his window. It was pretty funny.



In Old Town, lunch was delicious. Pa-paw and I enjoyed a margarita. The temperatures were cool and all was well. We wandered the stage coach and stable museum and then walked through a house from the 1850's. I quickly observed the chamber pots and a couple potty chairs. Sarah then found them in each room and we noted together the lack of a separate bathroom. How times have changed! She really enjoyed the house (much more than I thought she would) and wanted to walk through twice but we didn't have time. Next stop was the jail and courthouse. Will liked the metal jail box that was out back. You couldn't go in it but he still liked looking through the bars.
Our ride back was not as exciting. Sarah informed me that she was bored, until she and Pa-paw wandered off to bring us each a paper cup of water that's available on board. All in all, I would definitely recommend that little adventure to anyone visiting town for an extended period of time! Side note: Comic-Con was on town while we were in Old Town. Saw some interesting costumes. Next year, we might just go to the convention center and check it out.

No comments: