Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Finally....

Yes I know I'm way behind. There's just been too much going on around here.
So let's jump in and play catch up this week... starting with a rather normal 10 on Tuesday.
  1. Are they sure monsoon season is over? I know the end of it was Sep. 30th but I don't think it ever really started until now. We finally got a decent thunderstorm today and yesterday.
  2. It's official. We are killing the summer lawn. YAY! Hopefully we can get the winter lawn working this year. Coming soon - scalping the summer lawn.
  3. I am starting to really dislike Halloween now but that's a whole different blog with pictures. Halloween threw up all over my house and yard and it's not going away until October 29th. Yep You read that right. This is what happens when your husband takes on a 6 room haunted house for his job on the 28th of October. He made this out of papier mache, chicken wire, and an old large playground ball.....
  4. It's zoo time!!! The mornings are finally cool enough to do the zoo and do it fast. We have always loved going to the zoo right when it opens and it's empty. I am still a bit surprised that more people don't partake in this early morning fun - maybe they don't have early rising kids. The weather is cool, the kids can run and the animals are active. I think last weekend may have been our first trip without a stroller (unless you count Daddy's shoulders) and it went well.
  5. We have 1 Halloween costume decision down and 1 to go. Too bad, the hard decision is the one left. Will is going to be Scooby Doo. Sarah would like to be about 20 things right now. We are going to make a final decision this week because I don't want to run around the week before Halloween. Oh and because I'm sick of Halloween. UPDATE*** Wrote that 2 days ago and now Will wants to be a bug. UGH!!! Make that 2 costume decisions to go. Maybe that will be this evening's challenge.
  6. Survived my first teacher Open House and have a new found respect for teachers at Open Houses.
  7. Will's brainwashing is complete....We were at a family baby shower yesterday and sitting at a table across from a large TV in the large family room with a football game on. I wasn't paying much attention to the game because the sound was off. Will was finishing his food and looked up across the room and said to Andy, "DADDY, DADDY!!!! LOOK!!! The Chargers are on TV." I then had him yelling (his own doing) Go Chargers after all the touchdowns in a room full of Cardinals fans. Cue evil laughter!! That's my little man.
  8. Tried a newly remodeled Fry's Grocery Store this week. It was simply lovely. I even let Will wander the fruits and veggies helping me. The cinnamon smell that greeted me in the floral department as the doors slid open and the classical music (NOT elevator) just put me in a calm mood. We wandered for awhile in there. Will was so good and I found everything I needed. Loved it!!!
  9. Steven Tyler and Ziggy Marley are going to be on the Wonder Pets in an Alice in Wonderland episode in a week or so. I'm sure Will would be super excited if he had any clue who these people were. I must admit that I do like it when famous people choose to lend their voices to cartoons. I think it must be so much fun for them. It's not like the kids have any clue. I like trying to figure out who it is when I hear a familiar voice. Some fun ones: Conan O'Brian on the Backyardigans as Santa Claus (on the phone), Alicia Keys on Backyardigans as an alien and then singing an alien song, Ricardo Montalban on Dora many years ago in The Missing Piece.
  10. One of my favorite things about living in Phoenix is the storms. I love that it might be sunny in my neighborhood but that I can see the storm clouds AND the rain they are dropping only a few miles away. It's an awesome site. It can make for unpredictable storms and some difficulty with the radar. Half the time the radar map shows rain over our house and we have none.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Open House as a teacher is a totally different world! Perma-grin!!!s

Anonymous said...

OMG! That's exactly what it was. My cheeks were hurting!