Monday, May 05, 2008

Important Life Lessons

So - Sarah, yesterday morning, was heading to the bathroom and stopped to say to Andy - "I'm really, really mad at you."  We had no clue what she was talking about so Andy said "Why?" Sarah replied, "Because you left the lid [also known as the seat] up!"  I can now die in peace having taught my daughter the most important lesson of all.  I couldn't stop laughing and cheering. 

We also have some wonderful news - SARAH CAN PEDAL!!!!  YAY!  Something just clicked yesterday and she was off.  It is a great feeling to realize the amazing amount of pride you can have over what seems to most a simple accomplishment.  I think I will feel that again as soon as Will decides to drop the crawling all together and just walk full time.  He has this hybrid walk/crawl/walk/crawl thing going for him right now.

I learned something very important about my husband yesterday.  The best thing he ever did was not in fact marrying me or having the kids but rather going to every Burger King in town to make sure he got every single He-Man collectible cup.  This was, of course, quite some time ago.  The laugh I got from that was priceless and it just reminded me again why I love him.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Well, the best night of my life was going to the Nordstrom Grand Opening Gala in San Antonio. It disappoints Pat, but sometimes you just have to face the truth!

We will have to take the kids and their bikes to the park before it gets smoking hot. OY, I am going to need a bigger car!