Will is now walking and loving his freedom. Today while sitting outside Sarah's tumbling class at the community center, he discovered automatic sliding doors. He was walking toward the entrance to the main building at the center. He reached several feet in front of the door and it opened. He froze, not knowing what this was or what to do. The doors closed and he took one more step. The doors opened and he froze again. He glanced back with half a smile a couple times until the doors closed again. By now, the doors were opening and closing at random based on him shifting his weight a bit. He waited for the doors to stay open for awhile and then decided to try his luck and headed inside. I grabbed him just as he got to the doors. He gave them a slightly nervous look before I took him back to his stroller. He kept an eye on those doors for the rest of the short time we were there. I really wish I had a video camera with me. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Secrets and Magic Doors
I was exhausted and it was almost bedtime. Sarah leaned over and whispered I have a secret. I figured it would be one of her loud jibberish whispers and I wasn't in the mood. But she insisted and put her face to my ear and whispered I Love You! So sweet. She then repeated that "secret" to Daddy and added I like to play with you best. We all had the biggest smiles on our faces. What a nice way to end the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What adorable kids you have. Of course, I am prejudice!
Gammy
Post a Comment