- You know it's hot when you feel like you should put on sunscreen just to walk down the block to get the mail.
- I'm more appreciative of our north south exposure after watching our neighbor's son trying to open their front door with his shirt because their door knob was too hot to touch.
- We have a new stack of old books thanks to room changes at Andy's job. Hooray for new books.
- Speaking of books. My kids have toys but I don't feel like they have tons and tons of toys. On the other hand, they do seem to have tons and tons of books. I love buying them books but we're starting to run out of room. When Will gets a bed and his room gets all changed around, we will have to get him a big bookcase (anchored to the wall of course, because we all know he'll try climbing it at least once!).
- Sarah is a children's book illustrator's worst nightmare. She's detail oriented. So she asks me things like - Mommy, why does the pie on the pony's plate have a spoonful of whip cream on it when it should have the end of the smile on it because that's where they took it out of the pie??? Ummm.... Ummm..... Because whoever drew the pictures was not thinking of kids like you. It happens all the time and it amazes me what she notices.
- Which brings up Sarah's slight obsessive behavior that I LOVE. She picks topics every once in awhile and wants to know MORE. It's that 4/5 year old curiosity and then some. Awhile back it was planets. Now it's volcanoes. She insists on doing research (we taught her the word and now she uses it all the time!). I have 4 library books and a video on volcanoes. Her favorite part..... the music at the beginning of the volcano show with Peruvian pipes. Go figure!
- We went to the pool on Sunday and Andy convinced Sarah to try to the water slide since she's tall enough now. She was nervous but she LOVED it and ended up going down 5 times. The lifeguard at the bottom was great. She caught her on the red floaty thing every time so she didn't go under. That was probably why she loved it so much.
- I love that Costco has Rachel's Exotic yogurt now. Yummy! 3 different flavors (orange/strawberry/mango, black currant/cherry, and pomegranate/blueberry), all natural ingredients, omega 3 and a decent size. Yogurt for grown-ups. I'm not sure if the kids like it because I haven't shared yet!
- I went to the gym a bit last week and plan to go more often this week. It's one way to beat the heat and the kids actually love to go play. I also forgot how good it feels to get some exercise and at the same time, have some peace and quiet away from the kids (despite the workout music!).
- We had a scare over the weekend. OK not really a scare.. I let Sarah wear her new sneakers to IKEA on Saturday. They are for school but she's worn them a couple times since I got them a month ago. The minute she put them on, she said they're too tight! We had her wear them to see how it went. I guess they were OK but I have a feeling we'll be buying new shoes pretty early into the school year. It was bound to happen sometime - growing out of shoes before school even starts.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
10 on Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment