Monday, July 27, 2009

10 on Tuesday

  1. Don't faint but Sarah picked out a blue backpack for school. She needed it to match the lunch box. I'm still surprised that it's not princess/fairy/barbie and that it's not pink! I'm also super excited for the change. I love blue! I just hope that no one else has it at school.
  2. Will picked out the Mystery Machine lunch box over Spiderman and McQueen. He really, really wanted the Nihao Kai-lan one but I just couldn't do it.
  3. Is it bad that I enjoy the Barbie songs from Diamond Castle and Island Princess? We just got the Diamond Castle soundtrack from the library and it's actually pretty good.
  4. Potty Training Update: Will's potty dance is the funniest thing or rather it would be funny if he didn't WHINE every time he does it. Then he can't figure out if it's poop or pee or if he wants to sit on the little potty or just have his pull up changed. I lost count of how many times I went into the bathroom with him yesterday morning. Today though, he decided that he wasn't interested. Oh, this is so much fun.
  5. The family room was a mess. Sarah's room was a mess. I cleaned them up myself yesterday. While I want to have the kids clean up and learn that they have to help, I also just want to do it myself because it involves less yelling and directing and it's much faster.
  6. I can't believe I only have a month left until Sarah starts school (5 days, almost all day!) On the other hand, I can't believe I have a WHOLE month left. It's hot and there's only so much to do inside.
  7. I'm losing the tan I got in SD on my arms and shoulders. People always wonder why people from Arizona aren't that tan. Hello! We don't go outside during the summer if we can help it.
  8. I'm sort of sad that our Basha's down the street closed. It was a bit run down but there was one checker who was the friendly grandfather sort and I hope he still has a job.
  9. Will is in a Mommy, Mommy, Mommy phase. I think it's still related to the ER trip. It's kind of annoying and I really hope it doesn't interfere with preschool, assuming he gets to go and can go potty in the potty!
  10. For some reason, our little dog KC has been hanging out periodically on the side patio in the shade next to our living room door. I think she's a bit nuts since it's still over 100 in the shade. I tried to sneak up to take a picture of her lounging on the brick with her tongue out but she spotted me and I got this instead (look how dirty our windows are!):


No comments: