- The bugs are out. I can hear them buzzing outside. It reminds me of summer in Oklahoma and I really don't think that's right. This is dry Arizona bugs, don't you know that?!
- The crickets are here, too. Found 2 small ones inside yesterday. We've had a nice break the past few years from finding random crickets inside and I'm hoping it will not get worse.
- I have about 5 weeks to fill until school starts. Hopefully cleaning will fill most of it. Ha ha! Wish me luck and good A/C.
- We have been home for 2 days and I have managed to stay out of the heat with 2 early morning trips before it hit 95. So far, so good.
- Sarah loves maps. She always wants to know how I know where I'm going and who told me how to get to that house or that store. She LOVES getting the maps at the zoo, Disneyland, you name it. Anywhere with a map, she'll take it.
- Here's to hoping we haven't killed off any trees this summer. A couple are not looking too good.
- We go through so much paper in this house from Sarah drawing pictures. I now have her starting with a pencil so she can erase mistakes and then coloring it in. It kind of works, except that she drew a T-Rex with lots of sharp teeth and colored over it so you can't see the teeth. Oh well.
- I won a contest, a small one, FINALLY! I never win anything. A company called Rockabye Baby makes kind of odd lullaby CD's out of all kinds of music (think Nirvana, Beatles, U2, Bob Marley). They released a Queen version and asked people to post what Queen means to them for a chance at a free CD. I did and I was 1 of 10 to win. Only like 30-35 people entered but I still won a free CD!! YAY!
- I bought my first flat iron. It's kind of fun. My hair is already straight as straight gets but it does add a nice sheen to it.
- We (Sarah, Will and I) cleaned their rooms today. Well, I picked up Will's because he is useless when it comes to that and he just tells me I don't want to do that and crosses his arms. Sarah got off to a great start. We are not to the point where I can just say go clean which would be nice. Instead, I give her jobs such as put all your shoes away, pick up the doll clothes, gather all your books... etc. Job by job, she gets it done but today she started to slow down and not listen and it made me crazy! Both rooms are now clean and with only 1 time out for Will and 1 for Mommy and none for Sarah who really was being pretty good.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment