Tuesday, July 07, 2009

10 on Wed

  1. I'm a bit surprised that it took 7 nights for the kids to finally have a battle now that they are sharing a room at Gammy and Pa-paw's house. They've been great until tonight and it was miserable. Can't blame them though, we had a crazy day and Will didn't really nap. He ended up falling asleep on me while my mom and I watched a movie. Poor little guy.
  2. You know it's time for a haircut when you don't do anything for weeks with it except put it in a pony tail. I have no idea what I'm doing with it today but I'm excited.
  3. How lame is the new SciFi channel logo that launched this week.
  4. I was thinking about all the stuff I buy for both kids and thinking that maybe in the long run, having 2 girls evens out to 1 of each. There seem like so many costs down the road for girls - prom dresses, weddings, etc. but right now I buy 2 of almost everything because I can't have my little boy roller skating in princess skates or wearing pink sweatshirts. 2 girls can share and hand stuff down.
  5. Sarah is really enjoying her class this week at the Aquarium. She comes home telling me what she's learned. I was paranoid about picking her up late because I thought they charged you for each late minute but turns out (good to reread information!) it's only after 15 minutes that they charge you - $1 per minute.
  6. My dad's Flair Hair was a hit at the park on the 4th of July. He wore it to the pancake breakfast and several people didn't recognize him. Pretty funny!
  7. Sarah was talking about her friend Jackson to her friend Jack in the car yesterday. Jack thought she was talking about the only Jackson he'd heard about lately and informed her that he was dead. I had to jump in and say NO NO NO, her friend Jackson is fine, Michael Jackson, the singer, is dead. 2 different people kids.
  8. Will has really enjoyed being at Gammy and Pa-paw's. I asked him yesterday if he was ready to go home and he shouted NO NO NO.
  9. I reread Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince this past week. It was really good, even the 2nd time around.
  10. My mom: Are you stinky Will? Will: I'm making noisy poo poo. Potty training in 14 days. Wish me luck. I'm dreading it.
Coming soon: 4th of July but for now a tease.

No comments: