- I am always amazed at how, every Monday morning, it appears that a tornado has blown through our house. I may clean up and get some housework done over the weekend but it is still crazy with toys and anything else that has been pulled out by Monday.
- My little man is a bit sick today. I must admit I kind of like cuddly, sick Will. He was so sweet yesterday afternoon with a fever and sounding so pathetic telling me, Mommy, I'm sick. Now he just wants to sit with me. I would love that if I didn't have dinner to get ready and if he didn't insist on watching Team Umizoomi over and over.
- We flew kites over the weekend and could barely keep them up because it was TOO windy. We almost had some child/kite collisions on the ground. If you need a decent kite though, check out this link. We have 2 large easy flyers and they are awesome.
- I learned over the weekend that the keys to tot loks do indeed melt.... I was putting a frozen pizza on a baking sheet. The baking sheet had just been washed and was drying. I picked it up from right under the plug where the tot lok was. I'm guessing that it stuck to the bottom of the sheet and into the oven it went. When I opened the oven, I smelled something kind of funny but couldn't figure out what it was until I pulled out the sheet and saw something weird hanging down from an oven rack. There was the melted key. Andy took care of it for me. We are now down about 2 or 3 keys. Most of our loks have been turned off but still, we only have 2 from the original 5.
- Hoping to have dinner at Ruth's Chris for Mother's Day with our gift card from ages ago, even if it's not on Mother's Day. I don't think Phoenix can top the Crystal City, Virginia location overlooking Reagan National airport but a steak and yummy dessert sound soooooo good.
- What happens when you let the kids each plant seeds in a pot and only 1 pot sprouts?? We may find out. Send us good plants vibes in hopes that Sarah's seeds sprout by the end of the week.
- How many activities are too many for a little kid??? Andy and I sat down over the weekend to plan out Sarah's fall and see what it will cost. I feel like it's too much but it's all things she likes - karate, dance (0f some sort), swimming (we need to start up again), and piano (she wants to learn and Andy and I insist on music lessons). I guess we'll just see what happens. What if she decides to try soccer with school?!?!?
- June is my month. For 2 weeks, the kids will be in school at the same place during the same hours. Watch out world, here I come. 1 drop off is my dream. I can live it for at least 2 weeks and then I have to wait until Fall of 2011 or so.
- The heat has arrived with May and it's making kids go crazy! Not just mine but it seems ALL kids. I never knew 90 degrees could have such an effect.
- My kids do not go to the movies often but we've really been wanting to go. I'm dying for Toy Story 3 and June is too far away. I don't think Sarah cares too much about How to Train Your Dragon and I don't think Will would sit through it.
Tuesday, May 04, 2010
10 on Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment