To top all this off, I was cleaning out a drawer and found a CD that I thought was long gone. A good friend from college made me a CD of Ska Covers my senior year. I loved his taste in music. I think I would have listened to anything he gave me. It was my very favorite CD for awhile and then it just disappeared. I'm so excited that I found it. Imagine ska versions of the theme from Laverne & Shirley, Brown Eyed Girl, Shake Senora, Hey I think I Love You, etc. Fantastic!!!!!! I am in ska heaven and yes I know I'm a big dork but a happy one!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Ska is BACK!
Driving home from a girls night out, I discovered that a local radio station has ska on for 1 hour Sunday through Thursdays at 9pm. It was a wonderful drive home. Just song after song of new things that I was really enjoying. I fell in love with ska senior year of college. I listened to it off and on for the next couple years. Since then I have really only listened to old stuff I have. So.... after finding new songs on this station, ska is back in my rotation. I am truly enjoying this song Somewhere In the Between by Streetlight Manifesto. I'm so excited to have some new music, even if it isn't mainstream stuff! :) Streetlight Manifesto even does a cover of one of my all time favorite songs - Punk Rock Girl by the Dead Milkmen. Never fails to put a smile on my face. (That link's for you Rachel)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment