- My Sarah is an arts and crafts kind of girl. She LOVES to draw and create. It's wonderful but the downside is that we go through a lot of paper. We also have drawings all over the place. It's a bit crazy. I do sneak in to recycle some but I'm always worried she'll remember some card she made for some person 5 months ago and wonder where it is!
- Sarah started young with the knock knock jokes. She was pretty good at them. Will is now picking them up. Only about 1 out of 10 ends up being a real knock knock joke. Now, Sarah is telling these jibberish knock knock jokes. We have solved this issue a bit. Andy and I usually only listen to one joke and we immediately stop listening if it's not a somewhat real joke. So..... instead they tell them to each other and crack up. Hey - whatever keeps them laughing, right?
- It's hot and only going to get hotter. My goal for the month of June is to get the kids outside every morning for an hour or so. They get up so early and we don't have to be anywhere super early, so it should work.
- It would seem that we need to get some Transformer toys. Our neighbors graciously let Will borrow their little boy's Bumble Bee toy. He is in love! In true Will fashion though, Bumble Bee is not out saving the world or fighting evil Decepticons, nope, he is serving me French Toast and shooting it into my mouth. Yummy!
- So begins Sarah's summer school. 10:15 to 5pm and a ride home with Daddy. So.... one child for most of the day for Mommy and only one trip to school. It should be interesting as long as Will cooperates and goes with the flow. Today's afternoon: a puzzle he requested and maybe play-doh. Now to fill the other 3 hours.
- We've had a momentous few weeks in the land of "milestones you never knew you could be so excited about". Such as..... Will (mostly) going to the bathroom by himself! and Will putting on a pair of shorts with only help balancing. It really is the little things, isn't it??
- Andy has a new to him car - a silver truck with a full backseat. It's a nice car for being 4 years old. We reflected for a couple minutes on saying goodbye to our blue jeep. It was our DC car and it traveled all the way across country with us when we moved. It was still a "luxury" car if you only sit in it but the transmission on its last leg, John and I replacing a window motor, the creaking the A/C makes when the car turns off ALL told us that it was time to say goodbye.
- I've been trying to keep up with my reading more since summer is here. I am very much a reader but sometimes I just don't make the time. It also depends on how "into" the book I am. I am also trying to have 2 books going at the same time - a fiction and a non-fiction book. So far it's been OK.
- I have 2 new toys for summer and am now debating when to take them out. Picked up a backyard safari kit at Costco for cheap. Kids will LOVE it. Also have an "ice cream" play doh set. They have already seen this and keep asking when they get to play with it. I have to keep something in my back pocket to pull out instead of pulling my hair out.
- Our fish is still alive..... just thought you'd like an update. Our silkworm moth (1 of 2) is also still alive. I thought it died but it's still moving a little bit. It can't fly so it's kind of just sitting in our container waiting. It's already done it's job of laying eggs - kind of a sad little life.
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
10 on Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment