- I randomly started making up stories for Will - usually in the car. They all center on our main character Joe the Triceratops. I've made up about 3 or 4 for him and he keeps asking me to "read" them again. He has me repeat certain parts. Then he tells Daddy all about it. It's so cute but he doesn't seem to understand that it's not a book. I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into but if anyone has more story ideas for a Triceratops and his friend (Joe 2), let me know!
- Will is at that age where I have started to ask him what he wants to be when he gets bigger. He says this: Zuma. Zuma is the pink dolphin in the picture below from the movie Barbie in a Mermaid Tale. The influence of having a big sister. That's my boy.

- My "vase" from Mother's Day. The plant in it died already but I LOVE this. I love the pattern and the color. I'm thinking a whole room around this not so expensive little thing - ok maybe the little 1/2 bathroom or something.

- After a miserable morning last Saturday, I sent the kids to their rooms - well sort of. I really just sent them upstairs to play with full permission to hang out together. That is exactly what they did, for over a half an hour. I heard no screaming or fighting. When I went up to get them, I found Sarah on Will's bed reading to him and Will playing with some stuffed animal while he listened. So cute. They've been really good about this so far. I'm sure it will revert to the opposite in a few weeks or something. I hope not, but you never know.
- With the kids getting bigger and wanting friends to come over and play, I'm seriously thinking of getting another booster seat. It's just so easy to move from car to car.
- Andy took Sarah out to run an errand over the weekend. This was one of those trips when being able to read was not necessarily a good thing. She would now like to check out The Candy Store, which they drove by not too far from our house. Let's just say that it's an adult "candy" store (read strip club). OOOOPS!!!
- A friend has decided she's going to start reading some classics this summer. Not re-reading but reading those books that everyone talks about and reads in school that she missed somehow. I know how she feels but more in the re-reading sense. I do sometimes wonder if I would still hate Tess of the d'Urbervilles as much now as I did in high school. I, on the other hand, am thinking I need to re-read some sort-of classics that I loved and still know I love them but haven't read in ages - like John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany and Joseph Heller's Catch 22. The downside is that many of these books are VERY long. So, I may have to think about that a little bit more.
- I had a lovely girls night in at a neighbors house over the weekend. 6 ladies all in walking distance makes me reconsider moving closer into town, not that we are necessarily out of town!
- My kids like scary stuff. They love it when Andy scares them. They shout "Do it again!" They love scary books. Will also loves dinosaurs, so Andy decided to put on Jurassic Park for them while I was out for a short bit. I was not thrilled with that. I asked if they had already seen the toilet seen where the T-Rex eats the lawyer off the toilet and he said that was their favorite part after he explained that it was all pretend and machines. Yup, those are my kids. I did however turn off the movie when we arrived at the part where the Velociraptors were hunting the kids in the kitchen. Will is a bit scared of Velociraptors. I also told Andy that I would not be leaving my bed that night. No one woke up and neither kid has mentioned the movie since then.
Had to include this - He was playing hide n seek with Sarah at his great grandparents house. We had donuts over there and most of the donut crumbs ended up on the back of his shorts. The shorts came off and the shoes went on to play. I love summer! Who cares if the shorts are off?! It's plenty warm enough.
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
10 on Tuesday plus 12 hours or so...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment