Tuesday, June 15, 2010

10 on Tuesday

  1. We introduced Sarah to slap bands. She loves them. We got her a set of 8 that you can decorate from Toys R Us.
  2. Andy and I sat around our fire pit Saturday night. It was so pleasant! Temps in the low 70's that evening.
  3. Andy, Sarah and I recreated some of the bruschetta choices from Postino's over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. We made smoked salmon with pesto, salami with pesto, brie, apple and fig spread and a couple others. Sarah took huge bites of each one and even created her own. Go figure - hers turned out to be one of the best - strawberry jam, brie, salami and prosciutto. The girl now loves brie and prosciutto so maybe this wasn't such a good idea.
  4. Food around here the past couple weeks has been mostly scrounging in the fridge, pantry and freezer. Cooking in the summer just stinks. It's hot out so salads would be great but the kids won't eat them.
  5. On that note, I think I have a rotation of only a few meals that both kids will eat. Will has his staples and I'm so sick of it. The boy hates trying new things.
  6. As many of you know, Sarah's teeth are falling out like mad - 4 out and 2 or 3 loose. Well, now we can add 6 year old molars to that list. Her first permanent molar is on it's way in. Sarah informed us last night at dinner that she had a flap of skin by her tooth in the back. Eeeeeew! The dentist warned me about these but her teeth seem to be moving on fast forward!
  7. Note to parents, never purchase a wood step stool that is used often in any color but black or natural wood. We have a yellow painted duck one in the kids' bathroom. It is impossible to keep clean. Feet are dirty and it just sticks to the stool. I can wipe it and wipe it and all I get is a bit of the yellow and a little bit of dirt. Ugh! Soon enough it will just be dirty and not even yellow anymore.
  8. I took Will to his first movie in a movie theater last week. It was an early one just for families. He did OK but does not want to return. He got M&M's which kept him quiet for all of 10 minutes. After that he talked a little bit and then tried to get comfy on my lap (he wasn't heavy enough for the fold up chair!) and then told me he was a little scared. The movie didn't scare him but the theater did. Half way through the movie he passed out on me. It was pretty funny and cute and sweaty! Sarah thoroughly enjoyed herself with popcorn, fruit punch and Shrek the 3rd. She's very excited now for the 4th Shrek movie and Toy Story 3.
  9. We've been playing Monopoly Jr a lot the past few weeks. I must recommend it. Will gets a little bit bored but as long as we move fast, he's happy to throw the die like crazy and count loudly while we move his piece. Sarah just likes making the fireworks go off when someone lands on the Pay $2 to watch a fireworks show.
  10. And.... not much else happening around here!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I agree with the step stool comment-we have a white one, the end!

YUM! Postino!