Wednesday, June 23, 2010

10 on Why not Wednesday?

  1. We tried a new version of scrambled eggs - Paula Deen's. Try them, trust me. I cut the recipe in 1/2 and it was still YUMMY!
  2. Will came into our bedroom the other morning whining about how "Sarah didn't do something" So I asked what didn't she do. His answer: She didn't make sense. Nothing like starting your day off with a laugh.
  3. When we go on trips (big or small), I like to start early with my packing lists and piles. It seems to have rubbed off on Sarah. She started her list of "Movies to take to Gammy's House" last Saturday. I have repeatedly told her we're not leaving for a couple weeks. She doesn't care. Now she has Will thinking we're leaving any day now. Next week, with no summer activities planned, should be interesting. Who thinks we'll be packed and ready to go by Wednesday???
  4. Our sprinkler/watering system is on the fritz. We replaced the solenoids but now have to buy a new timer to go with it. So... for the past MANY weeks, I have been doing it all by hand. This involves watering the front plants with a hose and manually turning on any sprinklers in the backyard. The problem now is that, since we replaced those pieces, the sprinkler controls are not behaving. They all come on at once. I actually have to turn the main backyard water control on and off to use them. It's an adventure.
  5. Took Sarah to a 3-D movie (Shrek Forever After), a first for us both, not counting anything at Disneyland. It was better than I thought but so not worth the extra money. It didn't add to the movie. I think it's a bit ridiculous that all these movies are going 3-D. You should really only do that if it improves the movie - like maybe Avatar.
  6. This coming week, we are going to try Parsnip muffins. I have never, ever made anything with a parsnip or even tasted a parsnip. I was watching Alton Brown and it looked so interesting that I figured it might be a new tasty breakfast or snack for the kids. I'll let you know how they are.
  7. I've been working this past week. Working, without pay because I am part owner (silent wife partner) of a business that needs to fix its website so it can grow. Andy and I sat down to look at the pages over the past week to determine the best flow of the site. Then I worked on some language to update the pages. It's been interesting to say the least. This is what I did WAY back when. It seems like ages and ages ago. I have forgotten a lot but some stuff did come back to me and it was a bit fun to get back in the thick of things again. We have a phone conference this morning with the other 2 partners about what we did. We'll see what they think. I'm willing to help but Andy is trying to get me in charge of the whole website thing. I don't know that I want that. We'll just have to see I guess.
  8. Father's Day was lovely. We spent it at my sister-in-law's house in her pool and eating BBQ chicken. It pretty much convinced Andy to start our gym membership up as soon as we return from CA. It's in the budget to start and the kids could use a pool. Sarah took about 10 minutes to get back into things and then was having a blast. The rest of the day, the kids were so exhausted that they watched a movie and went to bed. This was great since I gave Andy the entire afternoon/night off. I even got a big thanks from him and it was so much easier than usual because the kids were soooooooooooo tired. To top it off, I had a lovely chat with my own Dad.
  9. I broke our edger. :( Or rather, I think our old extension cord broke it. The plug on it is fried. So.... I have to get a new one. In other good news, the new part for our lawn mower arrived yesterday. Time to get that fixed so I can mow this weekend. OK, maybe that's not such good news but it's better news than having to buy a whole new lawn mower!
  10. I've been pretty good so far this summer conserving my gas, with some help from Andy but this week is going to kill me. The kids have conflicting classes (my own fault!) so I am doing 3 round trips to schools most days. It's nuts! The driving doesn't bother me as much as watching my gas gauge drop. UGH!!! I suppose next week's inactivity will make up for it but still....

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I enjoy my eggs plain, with a lot of pepper. OF COURSE you would fine me a recipe that calls for sour cream and butter to be included in a food I actually LIKE plain :-)!

Anonymous said...

Cue evil laughter!!! At least I didn't post it during lent. Try the sour cream and leave out the cheese. The sour cream taste pretty much disappears and it just leaves a yummy texture to the eggs. Sarah is just like you except she adds hot sauce to them!