Tuesday, June 29, 2010

10 on Tuesday

  1. I found out that one of my favorite hard ciders from back east went out of business. They were all over Boston and even on tap at the BU Pub. I always bought it in DC. It was never out West so I never got a farewell taste. Oh well. I still love Hornsby's Crisp Apple. YUMMY!
  2. A note to all future taggers out there.... don't use your own name! I was talking to a neighbor who happens to be on the HOA Board. She told me that we had some kids who were writing their name all over the public areas of our development (50 houses). Easily solved since he was just writing his name. I guess there's only 1 Kyle around and he's like 8 or 9. He got a good talking to by the HOA and his parents. Seriously, if you're going to get into graffiti, shouldn't you learn lesson number 1: Don't write your own name!!!
  3. Syfy is always putting out crazy made for TV movies. The titles alone crack me up. Our favorite is Mansquito from a few years ago. Right now though, they are premiering Dinocroc vs. Supergator (the follow up to Dinocroc). Andy and I make it a game to try and guess the silly name of movies after watching a couple minutes. Coming next year is the best one yet - Mega Python vs. Gatoroid (yes you read that right!). The funniest part - it pits Debbie Gibson against Tiffany. I'll be sure to let you know when it's on.
  4. My kids have both developed this very distinctive cry/scream that immediately tells me that the opposite child is about to tattle. Usually I see 1 child approaching me and hear the other from another room - screech. The screech (for both kids) is ONLY heard when they are being ratted out. It actually amuses me quite a bit.
  5. I know full well that berries are one of those fruits that should be purchased as organic. So for the first time, I did so. They were TERRIBLE. They tasted gross and they died within 1 day. I am so disappointed. I guess I must buy organic strawberries only from Whole Foods or something because I will not buy them from a regular old grocery store again. I could understand if strawberries were out of season but we are in the heart of strawberry season. Is this the norm with organic berries? We take many days to eat ours, with Sarah being the main consumer. I tossed over 1/2 a package of them and was at least glad that I bought them on sale and that they were about the same price as the other strawberries.
  6. Andy and I are getting old and we need to exercise a lot more. That's what I've learned in the past week or so. The temperature starts hitting over 105 and we are drained. It's this unbelievable exhaustion. It makes us cranky and just want to sit on a couch in the A/C. It sucks.
  7. Best New Toy Buy of the Summer Season - On sale and the kids will sit and play with it together for an hour. Sure our colors are all mixed up by now but it's great. They LOVE it. Also, it's not as much of a mess maker as I thought it would be.
  8. After a month or so break from GeoTrax, Will is again obsessed. All 4 of us sat in his room over the weekend, each with a train remote, and watched them go round and round. Andy and I then decided to crash ours. Will SCREAMED. He was not happy. Note to all, if you are going to play GeoTrax with Will, be prepared to play by his rules. Hurting the trains is not an option.
  9. Will and Andy went to a baseball game last week. Will informed me that his favorite part of the game was eating. That's my boy!
  10. This is how summer should be - sprinklers, water slides and fun!

No comments: