- We've been doing a whole lot of NOTHING here. It's been pretty nice. The girls went shopping today and Andy spent about 4 hours watching Pirates of the Caribbean while Will played and napped.
- It's been cold, like mid to low 60's cold. I did not throw in enough pants for us for this. This is cold for July in San Diego. Waiting for sun and warmth.
- Our first afternoon here, it was actually sunny and warm so we walked up the street for pizza. It's the pizza place I used to stop at on half days for lunch, the pizza place we've always gotten take out from, the pizza place one of my good friends in high school worked at forever. The place has been updated but it's still pretty much the same. Nice!
- Why is it that getting to a place to see fireworks is so difficult? I don't remember it being like this. We saw fireworks on TV and that was it. Any other place would have required us going somewhere early in the morning and sitting around until 9pm. UGH!! When I was a kid we just knocked out the light in the cul de sac and lit illegal, too high fireworks and did sparklers. Nothing can really top being able to walk a ways down the street from our house to sit on a hill and watch the Washington DC fireworks and be able to see about 5 other shows off in the distance. Love Arlington!!
- My dad helping Sarah dress her American Girl dolls with a dog hat on his head and a Geo Trax track tucked into it.... Priceless!
- Jake vs. Vienna interview on The Bachelorette - a train wreck that I could not take my eyes off. I side with Vienna. I don't think she's that good an actress. He was just plain creepy. Ick!
- Toy Story 3 - Best movie I have seen in awhile. How is it that Pixar manages to do that most times???? Laughs, tears, action all in a short movie with a great story and made for adults....er, kids. I totally cried but I also laughed out loud at several parts. A couple parts were a bit intense for Sarah but over all FANTASTIC!
- Andy stayed up until pats 11pm last night....SHOCKING. This is the man who barely makes it until 9pm.
- Found out this evening from my mom and my cousin (who is also visiting) that my grandmother lived with her father and step-mother for a few years (?) when she was around 14ish.... above the whorehouse they ran. Crazy!!
- We got Sarah training wheels for her new bike. We didn't realize until we put them on that they are truly "training wheels" and are a spring loaded. They give a bit to teach her balance. That's great but man, they freaked her out at first. It's easier to fall over in these than regular old training wheels. We'll see how it goes. So far, so good.
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
10 on Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment