Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Mommy Brain and other happenings

I wish I had one of those steel trap memories and brains that work well under any circumstance. Instead I have 2 children and the mommy brain.  I've been trying to figure out why my mom has not received a little photo book that was a belated mother's day present (I was waiting to get more grandkid pictures).  I ordered it over 2 weeks ago only to find out this morning that I sent it to my mom's California street address in Phoenix AZ.  I must have been on auto pilot or maybe a child was calling me while I was finishing the order or maybe I was about to fall asleep while finishing it.  How annoying!  I am so forgetful, I have to make lists but I even forget to put things on the list.  I forget things that are important to friends and family - not because I don't care but simply because I forget - no other reason.  Then I just feel terrible. I think I need to start carrying a pad of paper to write down important things and a true to do list.  Maybe I can just get one of those recorders and talk into it.  How silly would I look carrying one around.  I could treat it like I'm in the secret service and be sneaky when I talk into it.  The kids would probably just turn it into a toy though!
In other news, it's been a cooped up, bad week so far.  
Will got sick with a high fever on Monday and was better by Tuesday evening. By that time though, Sarah was throwing up.  Just when we thought it was over yesterday, she threw up again.  So we missed school all week (no trip to Greece for Sarah - that's the country they were "visiting") and swimming lessons.  Thank goodness they were just with the city and didn't cost too much.  
I am so tired of not being able to get out of the house but at the same time, it allowed me to take my car in to get a couple things fixed and it kept me out of the 110 degree heat.  We'll see how the rest of today goes.  
At least I have Will, who has fallen in love with Sarah's tap shoes, to entertain me!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Even in my GREAT DISTRESS, the picture of Will in tap shoes brought a smile to my face!!!!

FOR THE RECORD, I think you are super about remembering details, you always ask me how things went, and then I FEEL LIKE I SUCK AS A FRIEND!!!!!