Tuesday, February 02, 2010

10 on Tuesday

  1. I know, I know, I've been bad about blogging this year. I'll work on that. Does that count as #1... yup I think it does.
  2. My little one is turning 3 next week. I need to get going on his presents. I don't want to admit he'll be 3 so I think I'm avoiding the gift giving too.
  3. The kids downed 7 circus belgian waffles last night for dinner. I was in a state of shock at how fast they disappeared.
  4. Is it bad that it doesn't bother me much to take away bedtime stories from Sarah as a punishment but I hate to do it to Will? I'm so biased. Right now, I enjoy storytime more with him. It's terrible. It's probably a bigger punishment for Sarah too.
  5. Sarah and I played beauty parlor this afternoon. She looked lovely in red lipstick with blush on. I looked lovely in my pretty hair clips.
  6. Lost is back, Survivor is starting again and the Bachelor is in full swing craziness. Good times!
  7. I started singing again to the kids at bedtime. I used to sing to Sarah up until she was about 3ish and Will too as a baby. I'm not sure why I stopped. I think Sarah just started to not care. I'm so glad I started again. It's amazing how much it calms them after stories. Sarah especially. The first night I did it. I sang 2 songs and she fell asleep SO fast after that. It's just a nice, special time to cuddle in bed and sing to them.
  8. Is it possible for my book list to get any longer??!! I rearranged our Ikea bookshelves or rather reorganized them. I put one square aside for books I need to get around to reading. The sad thing is that this makes it sound like I'm not a reader. I am very much a reader and a fast reader but I just get so tired at night that I only get through so many pages at a time.
  9. I love rediscovering music. There are many groups that I forget about and then a song happens to come up on iTunes that I haven't heard in ages and so I go and listen to all the songs by that group. I love that!! So enjoyable. So fun to relive memories associated with them too. Current favorites: Reel Big Fish, Carbon Leaf and the Cat's in the Kettle song (think Cat's in the Cradle only umm... different).
  10. I am truly enjoying our Wii. The Wii Fit is very fun. Andy is a bit too competitive about things but it just makes me laugh. I made him do a yoga pose last week and just laughed at him when he realized it was harder than it looks. Even the kids get into it. They LOVE the ski jump and Sarah is actually very good at the ping pong and sword fighting.

No comments: