No 10 on Tuesday today - just pictures from our trip to a local "pumpkin patch". I put that in quotes because there really aren't places out here where you can go pick your pumpkin - at least not within a quick and easy distance from the city. It's more like places to pretend it's Fall even though we're all in T-shirts and the jeans are really only to protect little legs on hay rides!
We went out to a ranch not far from our house and had a blast. The price was right and the people were soooooo nice. The kids loved this old tractor.

Then we walked over to pretend to be cowboys and cowgirls. Andy had a very hard time prying Will's fingers out of the hole so we could just get his face. Even then, he didn't quite get his face all the way in.


They also had this tiny mini golf type area where you could try to hit balls into mini western type buildings. They loved it. Sarah was amazingly focused on getting the ball all the way up to the hole.



Then it was time for some face painting. You should have seen their faces. Both kids were VERY serious while the nice people were painting their faces. Sarah refused to give me a smile and show me the ice cream cone. This picture was with the help of the face painter who distracted her.


Then (I know, how many times can I say then) we went over to visit the animals. They had chickens and rabbits in this large "coop" and you could pick them up. Andy helped her hold this rabbit. She was in heaven. In the stall next to this were 2 pigs - Charlotte and Jimmy Dean. Who names a pig Jimmy Dean??!?! Pretty funny.

Then it was time for the hayride out to pick our pumpkins. You'll notice that there are no pictures out by the pumpkins. Believe me, I tried but Sarah's inability to just sit and smile pretty much made getting a good picture impossible.

We ended the afternoon with a horse ride. Again, the kids were in heaven!!!



It was a very successful trip and next year I think I would go back to the same place. I only wish that it actually felt like Fall instead of the tail end of summer still.
All we have left to do now is carve the pumpkins. I have no idea when we're going to fit that in. Maybe Friday evening. We'll see. Check back for pumpkin pictures and Halloween pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment