- I was racing to get Sarah after dance last Friday at school and Will stopped outside the office. I told him to catch up and he said NO, I need to stop and smell the flowers. Do I have a future philosopher on my hands?? It was so cute that I just had to stop with him. He was more than willing to run down to Sarah's room after he sniffed the flowers.
- Andy and I had a date over the weekend and headed up to Cafe Pino at the 101. We hadn't been there in awhile and it was as good as we remembered. The food is pretty good and fast. I love that the owners wander around and make sure the customers are happy and take our orders for Creme Brulee. We followed dinner up with a movie - The Invention of Lying. I'm not sure really what I thought of it. It was very interesting, humorous at parts and painful to watch at other parts.
- We head to the allergy Dr. tomorrow to check out Will's mosquito problem. He got a new bite Sunday night on top of his ankle. It's nice and read and a bit swollen - like usual. Poor kid.
- How about we went to a part of the zoo we'd never been to over the weekend. I think we always come to the petting zoo by way of a currently closed path. This time we saw the wallabies and played in the play area there. The kids loved it!
- I'm sad that Will fits in his long sleeve shirts and his million pairs of "Jackson" jeans (hand me downs). I did buy him a couple cute shirts but now I guess I need to focus on socks. That's about all he needs. I'm waiting for his feet to have a growth spurt. It's been way too long. I'm sure he'll jump a size and a half or something so I just get to look longingly at cute boy shoes and wait.
- The weather is finally turning. Sarah has been wearing a sweatshirt in the mornings for oh, the drive to school and that's about it. It was only 80 yesterday though. GORGEOUS!
- My kids (all 3) have been sick off and on for the past 2 weeks. All little stuff except for Sarah. It's back again - this tiny fever that doesn't affect the kids really but keeps them out of school. It's driving me mad!
- I have been on a classic rock kick for a week or so and really enjoying it. I also put a couple CDs in the car that I haven't listened to in a long time. It's been really nice, kind of like changing the music with the seasons.
- Got Sarah's school pics back. The envelope said A Smile Worth Sharing.... ummm... okay. That smile worth sharing is a goofy Sarah posed smile. Oh well, it's truly Sarah and so we will keep it and pass it out to family who will be forced to display it. Now, the smile in her class picture is awesome. I wish I could switch them. Funny girl.
- I saved the funniest for last. I RSVP'd No to a b-day party for a girl in Will's class recently for several reasons - I couldn't pick the little girl out of a lineup and it was Will's nap time. The party was last Saturday. I almost forgot about it until Andy and I decided to take the kids (right after Will's nap) to play mini golf. I saw a grandfather carrying out b-day presents and had to stop Andy to tell him we couldn't go in because THAT'S WHERE THE PARTY WAS!!!! OOOOOOOOPS!! I didn't get caught and it gave us both a good laugh. Andy just kept calling me a moron. The party was probably just ending but we did have to go to another golf place (luckily pretty close). I had to tell Sarah that it was closed. She didn't quite understand why there were tons of cars in the parking lot if it was closed. So, that's your laugh for this Tuesday.
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
10 on Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment