I am rethinking my indulgence of Sarah's love of volcanoes after getting the DVD of a National Geographic volcano special for her to watch. It's fascinating but they also show a group of volcanologists visiting a Colombian volcano studying it when it erupted suddenly. Most of them died. One who survived had skin grafts, a hearing aid, and a hole in his skull. Then the narrator continues to tell me that Volcanology is a young and very dangerous science. Great..... I love that Sarah has passions but maybe we could find safer ones (outer space anyone!). She wants to look at volcanoes on other planets. What is that - an Extra-Terrestrial Vulcanologist??? Woh - that's a mouthful. Then I have to remember that when I was her age I wanted to be a Dr. and that died as soon as I realized science was not my thing. We'll just have to see how this plays out.To top it off, when asked where she'd like to go - she repeatedly says Hawaii but Washington state is also on the list. Crazy child!
No comments:
Post a Comment