Saturday, December 13, 2008

Playing Mommy

Sarah just poured herself a nice, tall, cold, pretend glass of Coke.  Why you ask??? Because she is a mommy to all her dolls and that's what mommies drink.  Hmmm.... guess I have had a lot of Coke to drink in the past week.

We are in the midst of decorating for Christmas.  I forgot how fun it is to open each bin and remember all the fun stuff.  The kids got very excited over the stockings and nutcrackers.  I haven't even unpacked the truly cool nutcrackers which are a bit more fragile and special.

I also sat down to play many Christmas songs on the piano and it was such a wonderful feeling. The kids were nice enough to play quietly and listen to the music, with the occasional request for Feliz Navidad (Sarah's favorite this year) and Jingle Bells.  I better work on those 2!

And in an additional note, I just heard the following from the living room when I asked what they were doing:  I'm hiding things so the guests don't see them.  I think she's having a pretend dinner party and she's cleaning like Mommy and Daddy clean.  I guess we're busted!

No comments: