
(Picture is from when we bought the stroller in 2007)
I bought the big old
Graco double stroller a couple months after Will was born and used it A Lot for many months. Then Sarah got big enough to walk on her own a bit and to stand on the back of our single stroller. The
Graco came out only for big walking trips like the zoo and malls. I pulled it out today for a trip to the mall because Sarah requested it. I have not used it in many, many months - like maybe last summer? I figured why not? I now remember why it is a pain (heavy to push, hard to get into bathrooms, and huge in the car) but more importantly why, contrary to most moms, I loved it. We had, for the most part, a very peaceful mall trip. The kids enjoyed the ride and actually listened to me. They got out to play in the play area for about 15 minutes while I waited for stores to open. The minute I said last slide, the 2 of them took the slide together and very willingly came with me to put shoes on, hop back in the stroller and wander the mall. Other than 5 minutes of Will figuring out he could put his feet up on Sarah's seat, we had a lovely time and actually got some stuff done. I didn't have to chase anyone, there was no whining for not wanting to be in a store or wanting another ride on the
carousel, just peace. Maybe it was the novelty of the stroller coming back out or just the simple lack of having to walk with mom everywhere, but the kids enjoyed the mall and so did I. That is a pretty rare occurrence for a trip of 2 hours with all 3 of us. Thank you
Graco.
No comments:
Post a Comment