Monday, April 20, 2009
AARGH!!!!
Just finished cleaning the pile of toys/crayons/shoes in our family room. When we need to do a big family room clean up, we just put all the toys in a pile in the middle of the rug. Then we go through it and put things where they go. We had a pile from last night. Today I put a timer on it because I can say hurry, hurry before time's up and it's like a race. Sarah is unbelievably slow. It's not so much that she stops to play with things, as much as it is she's needs CONSTANT direction. I give her specific jobs like put all the potato head pieces here or find all the piggy coins and put them in the pig. She doesn't bother looking around and just says I'm done. It's so annoying. How do you teach her to find things and look underneath stuff??? And how do you get a 2 year old to clean up???? I know I'm dreaming if I want him to clean but couldn't he at least put his cars in his car bucket when I hand him the cars. We started that process and it went well for all of 2 seconds until he emptied the bucket into something else and put it on his head. AAAAARRRRGH!! The kids were great until 3:30pm. I guess it's my fault that I tried to clean while they were already on a downward spiral. The toys are cleaned up but we did not do it in time, so there were consequences. Oh well. Wish me luck for the rest of the evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment