Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20th Daybook

Outside my window... It's sunny and already in the 70's. We're preparing for the hottest week so far this year. Ugh! I'm not ready at all for summer heat.

I am thinking... I am currently worried about my itchy eyes. Pinkeye is going around Sarah's room and while the kids seem fine, I'm more worried about myself. I hope it's just allergies and the slight cold I have.

I am thankful for... ice cream pie (it's the little things really). We made one over the weekend and it was delicious.

From the kitchen... chicken curry salad this week and Sarah requested chicken strips and fish sticks. Ooooo..... so exciting.

I am wearing... shorts and a T-shirt and thinking that I really need to get more shorts/capris or skirts or something.

I am creating... a new house. Our living room is a complete mess. We pulled out ALL our papers and are going through them and filing stuff. There's still lots left to go through.

I am going... to take Sarah to school and see if class lists are up yet for next year. Then Will and I are going to gymnastics. It's our first of his last 3 classes.... not that I'm counting down or anything. I'm so tired of having to be the helper. Maybe he can do it again when I can just sit and watch. No more Mommy & Me gymnastics. Instead I'll be getting in the pool with him. Since he loves the pool, I think it will be more enjoyable.

I am reading...still the book about the dad staying at home. I haven't made much progress since last week.

I am hoping... not to have the meltdowns from Sarah that we had over the weekend. She seems to be a bit better without Daddy around. AND I'm hoping to curb Will's screeching. It's driving me mad.

I am hearing... kids playing in the background before we head off for school.

Around the house... We're still working on getting this place in order. This week is our bedroom and our closet. Andy actually wants to paint it this weekend. How exciting!!!

One of my favorite things.... well it WAS being able to be out in the backyard so much over the past few weeks but I think that's about to change.

Plans for this week... Will's gym, parenting group, maybe dinner at GG's (Andy's grandmother).... nothing really happening or at least nothing planned. I'm going to try to get the kids to the pool at our gym often this week.

A picture thought to end on....

Sarah, 3 years ago, helping pot some plants.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ooooh! Reese's screaching is driving me mad, too! It must be something they do at this age. The worst is in the car. Let me know if you come up with something to make it stop. We are having all kinds of discussions about "inside" and "outside" voices.