Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15th Day Book

Outside my window... It's actually pretty cold today for us. Windy and only mid 60's. A big change considering I don't think we've been below 70 in quite awhile.

I am thinking... I am tired and I wish Will would get over this nasty cold.

I am thankful for... my health and my family

From the kitchen... No big plans this week. For our family meeting next weekend, we are having french bread pizza and ice cream pie. Now I just need to figure out the best way to make both!

I am wearing... jeans, tennis shoes and a light fleece.

I am creating... nothing right now. I am debating changing up the blog design for my 1 year anniversary so watch out! Maybe I'll try to learn how to create my own.

I am going... to the library and to pick up Sarah soon. Later this week I'm hoping to take Sarah to Chuck E Cheese since she won our March Madness bracket contest. Loser has to take winner to Chuck E Cheese. I know, I know, a win, win situation for a 4 year old.

I am reading... a book called How Tough Could It Be about a sportswriter who switched places with his wife for 6 months and became a stay at home dad. I'm only a little bit in but it's interesting and fairly amusing.

I am hoping... to not get the illness that brought both kids down over Easter but I already have that little feeling that it's a losing battle.

I am hearing... Will playing with a loud Nemo book that has like 10 buttons on it. He likes the shark music button best. I like the seagulls saying Mine Mine Mine best.

Around the house... I have some piles out and organized and ready to be put in a file. I changed around the toys in the family room a tiny bit and I am trying to decide what to do with the Easter baskets and Easter stuff. I really need to go through the kids clothes since the hot days are a-coming.

One of my favorite things.... laughing over silly shows with Andy and my growing interest in The Deadliest Catch. I find crab fishing oddly fascinating! Reading The Magic Treehouse books to Sarah. I'm hoping to spur some interest in actually learning to read. We read a couple chapters every night depending on her mood. She truly enjoys them and so do I.

Plans for this week... Not too many other than getting Will back up to 100%. I think kite flying might be on the list since it's windy this week.

Random picture thought for you: (Shannon and Sarah)


That's all for this edition!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I have a yummy ice cream pie recipe, and I think Sarah looks more like Will, but that you and Sarah look like twins, which is odd beause I think Will and Andy look identical! OBVIOUSLY, you are all somehow related, :-P