Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Long Weekend

Let's start with our little Easter egg hunt on Thursday afternoon with friends.  The kids had a wonderful time hunting for their specific color eggs.  It was fun to watch them hunt for them and also to sit in a big group opening their eggs.  My friend Tamara even brought face paints and we soon had lots of bunnies hopping around.


For the Mommies, it was a mini happy hour out on the patio.  Earlier that day I picked up Margarita mix and went through the self check out at the grocery store only to have the most enormous 2 year old tantrum I have ever seen from Will in public.  He threw himself in the middle of the self checkout aisle.  I had to pick him up by the arm about 4 times and throw him over my shoulder.  It was HORRIBLE.  I was in such a hurry to get out of there and the lady working it was so busy helping other customers that I walked out with the security tab on top of the bottle.  I've never seen that before and had no idea what it was.  I wasn't about to stop for anything.  I did indeed pay for it but no way was I taking my screaming toddler anywhere but to the car!!!!   When I went to pour the ladies a nice cool margarita to go with our chips and salsa, low and behold it was stuck on tight.  I was getting into that margarita bottle with or without the security tab.  I found Andy's small hack saw and got a hole in the bottle and poured it in a pitcher. Hooray!!!!  I was so proud of my accomplishment that I took a picture:
                                           

The rest of our weekend Easter plans were turned upside down because the kids both came down with nasty colds and fevers.  Out was coloring eggs at G & Grandpa's house on Friday.  We did the princess and outer space eggs on Saturday at home instead.  The kids LOVED it.  And out was church to see Aunt SuSu ring bells, breakfast at G  & Grandpa's and their neighborhood easter egg hunt AND dinner with the rest of Andy's extended family.  We can't risk getting Andy's mom sick let alone any of the other kids.  Sarah's fever was gone on Saturday but Will's lasted until Monday.  Other than getting out to go to church with Sarah on Sunday morning, we were pretty much cooped up, going mad for the rest of the time.

Despite the change, the kids had a lovely Easter.  They found baskets in the living room Easter Morning....


Sarah and I then went to church and she sat in the service with me and was a very good girl drawing pictures for Jesus and wondering how she would get them to him.  It was very sweet.  She got to dress up, unlike Will who never wore his Easter clothes.  

We then had an Easter egg hunt (again) in the backyard with our colored eggs.  The Easter bunny even put them up high!  

The kids really did have a wonderful day and ate lots of goodies and egg salad.  I am just glad that we can now get on with our normal routine since the kids no longer have fevers.  I just hope next Easter is illness free!


No comments: