Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm hooked

I am now hooked on the Deadliest Catch on Discovery.  I've watched episodes here and there but now I tape them.  It's one of those shows that I can watch whenever during the week.  I find it completely fascinating.  I know nothing about crab fishing in the Bering Sea but I'm learning.  I even let Sarah watch the guys pull up a pod of crab and she thought that was pretty cool.  It's amazing how much a team of about 5 guys can do with no sleep.  I've watched them almost get caught in an ice flow, a boat get completely battered by an enormous storm, fights galore between crew members.  They tough out even hurricane like storms.  They have health issues and people get injured.  Several of the boats have family members among the crew and that's always entertaining.  This week's episode was crazy as they spent the last third of it with the Coast Guard trying to get to a downed cod boat WAY out in the Bering Sea.  They found 1 victim, the boat gone and the rest is for next week's show, although I couldn't wait and had to look up what happened to the boat.  Who knew fishing could be this interesting!

No comments: