Outside my window... It's sunny and supposed to only get hotter today.
I am thinking... I wish Sarah still took naps. 30 minutes of quiet time never seems like enough.
I am thankful for... good kids - well in the grand scheme of things, pretty good kids.
From the kitchen... We are having grilled talapia this week and Andy is forcing me and Sarah to try his linguine with clam sauce. I think it smells disgusting and usually make him clean his own dishes afterwards. I have agreed to taste it, mostly so Sarah will try it too. Will has been left out because 1. he hates trying food and 2. he is the most stubborn person about it and 3. it's just not worth the fight.
I am wearing... jeans (of course) and a tshirt and some newish flip flops.
I am creating... easter eggs for a small hunt on Thursday and this blog.
I am going... to Target after Will is awake to get a new trash can and some more Easter stuff. This will be followed by a trip to the water fountain with bathing suits so the kids can have some fun in the heat.
I am reading... Confessions of a Shopaholic. Saw the movie and knew it was different and that it was 2 books crammed into 1 movie but I'm finding the book not fantastic and slow to get into. Oh well, I'll just keep reading.
I am hoping... to finally get this house in order. It's always a mess. I want to be one of those people who doesn't mind if someone pops over to hang out or play with 15 minutes notice. Wish me luck!
I am hearing... silence right now. It's fantastic. Other than that, I've really been enjoying pandora.com radio.
Around the house... is a mess. We pulled out a lot of stuff from Sarah's room so we can get rid of things and also to make "homes" for stuff so that everything has a place.
One of my favorite things.... is my afternoon conversations with Will in the car on our way to pick up Sarah. He's pretty good now about not falling asleep but it's fun to chat with him about superheroes, trucks, firemen... He picks a topic and we talk or sing sometimes. It's fantastic quality time and I love listening to his little voice.
Plans for this week... Easter, Easter, Dentist, Easter, Easter......
Anyways, here's where this thing came from: Simple Woman's Daybook
1 comment:
Yay! Someone is reading my blog! I loved reading your daybook, too. I sure wish we lived closer because I think our kids would like each other. Those kids of yours are adorable!
Post a Comment