Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Voted and Other Random Things

For the first time since American Idol started years ago, I voted last night and in true Idol fashion I voted several times.  I really like Kris Allen and I'm pretty sure he'll go on to some sort of career regardless of whether he gets to the finals or even wins the whole thing.  I just like his simple take on songs and I enjoy his voice.  I only watch Idol taped and mostly on fast forward.  His performances are the few that I actually watch all the way through.  So... good luck to him.

SPOILER AHEAD IF YOU LIKE THE SHOW FRINGE
I have about 11 episodes of the show Fringe saved on TiVo.  I just haven't had time to watch them. Despite that,  I watched the last 10 minutes (sort of) of the season finale simply because I knew that Leonard Nimoy was going to be appearing as an important character.  It was AWESOME.  Sure it spoiled things a tiny bit but not as much as I thought.  We watched the main character get in an elevator where something happened, flash of people, flash of light.  She got out and met Leonard Nimoy and then they walked to the window together.  The camera angle moved to the outside of the building which I immediately recognized.  They panned out to show the TWIN TOWERS (still standing)!!!!  It's an alternate reality.  A newspaper headline on the table read that the Obamas were moving into a new white house so I guess that's the difference in this reality.  It was sort of creepy watching that final scene of NY with the towers.  Now I know that I have to catch up.  At least I have all summer to do so!

Speaking of Leonard Nimoy, Andy and I went to see Star Trek yesterday.  It was very well done.  Karl Urban who played McCoy is supposedly a HUGE fan and was spot on as McCoy.  I loved that Chris Pine didn't do Shatner except for maybe a minute at the end of the movie and then it was pretty cool.  The action and effects were fantastic.  The story was well written as long as you don't sit and go through all the time issues (which is what Andy spent the better part of last night doing!).

Anyways, that's my random thoughts for now.

No comments: