Tuesday, June 09, 2009

10 on Tuesday

  1. Our backyard umbrella flew out of our yard on Saturday night.  We thought at first that someone stole it but then wondered why they left everything else.  Come to find out that it ended up WAY into the neighbor's yard.  They thought it was a different neighbor's and so put it over their back wall.  To top it off, it was broken in half pretty much.  The good news is that the wood had already started to splinter before this, so no big loss.  The sort of bad news, I feel a bit bad that these people one street over have to dispose of our umbrella for us.
  2. My son may be the messiest member of the family but he is the one most into cleaning and also the politest as anyone who has heard him say Excuse Me can attest to.  I love it!
  3. Has anyone else seen commercials for what is basically prescription strength mascara???  Seriously???  I guess if they can put out stuff to try and re-grow hair on top of your head, why not the eyelashes.
  4. I hate being "in-between" sick.  Either knock me out for a day or 2 in bed or let me get done what I need to get done.  None of this do some stuff and rest, and then feel horrible by 4pm.  No more! 
  5. I'm gearing up for a full week by myself.  I've also been trying to fill my afternoons next week with activities so I don't go nuts.  Andy is going to a school conference in Phillie.  It actually sounds like it will be pretty interesting unlike most of his tax conferences. Snore.
  6. I'm getting the dogs caught up on shots and grooming this week.  They've got to be so hot in their shaggy coats when it's 100 out.  Thanks goodness it's cooled down this week.  I can't imagine how people keep show quality shih tzu's with the super long hair.  It must explain why those people usually only have the dogs and no kids.  Ours always have short hair and then people wonder what kind of dogs they are.
  7. I love that Sarah is trying to turn the tables on her jokester Daddy.  He was watching a show and she handed me the remote and whispered - can you pause it to tease Daddy. Cracks me up!  She's on to you Andy, watch out!
  8. We're expanding our Magic Treehouse library with a new book about Hawaii and big bad waves (tidal waves), research guides about twisters and dinos (Sarah picked both!) and 7 books on CD read by the author for our trip to San Diego.  I can't wait for Sarah to eventually read them on her own but I must admit, I enjoy reading the chapters with her more than reading Barbie Diamond Castle for the millionth time!
  9. I'm feeling guilty this week because I have not been feeling good and so the kids have not been very active.  It shows in their sleep habits and it stinks.  Maybe today I will sit outside and just let them run around.
  10. Sarah has mastered the TiVo remote.  Part of me is very excited about this and the other part of me is not so sure about it.  Luckily she has not just randomly picked it up and put a show on without asking.  I'm sure that's not far off though!
A picture to end on:

1 of the other babies for a change - PJ the ball chaser

No comments: