Tuesday, June 02, 2009

10 on Tuesday

This week I will try to keep it to just things happening in our lives.

1. Sarah has separation anxiety - at 4 1/2. It drives me mad. I get that she wants Mommy and I'm touched but I really just want to shove her in the door of summer school and run. She has a fantastic time after she calms down. The summer program is at her preschool, just a different room and teachers. The topic is DISNEYLAND. She has good buddies in the class with her. I don't want to bribe her but I might just try the opposite and take money out of her bank. We'll see. I'll let you know how the rest of the week goes.

2. Will just got over being sick. It went from Saturday middle of the night to sometime midday yesterday. He bounced back in all of about 2 hours. Wouldn't it be nice to get back to 100% that fast for an adult? We can dream.

3. I am so thankful that some stuffed animals are safe for the washing machine. After Saturday night, 2 out of 3 favorites went in the wash and came out like new! The 3rd washed up well in the sink but is now nowhere near as soft as he was. Oh well, 2 out of 3 isn't too bad.

4. I learned how to fix a tail light this past week. My turn signal was out for most of the week, which turned out to be a bigger pain than I thought it would be. Merging on a freeway is not fun when you know people are getting mad at you for not signaling. Anyways, it's now fixed. I managed to get one of the entire rear light fixtures off and ready for replacement. My father-in-law showed up and took over the rest. Even though I know I could have finished it myself, it was nice to have help. I felt so empowered just by figuring it out, buying bulbs and getting it started.

5. It seems like divorce is everywhere now. I was wondering when it would truly hit people I know and it has. It's sad and I wish all those people the best.

6. Our yard is awesome. The grass is back full force and it's completely usable after a 5 minute poop pick up. It's hot out but in the afternoon, in the shade, sitting in comfy chairs, watching the kids play - it's great.

7. A fly laid eggs (or so we think) in our house somewhere. Andy and I went on a fly killing spree over the weekend. I have never seen so many flies concentrated inside. Sarah was even hunting them down. As weird as it seems, it was actually a silly and fun weekend activity.

8. I don't usually post about Andy's mom but I figured prayers are always good to have. She and Andy's dad met with the TGen people yesterday to see about doing DNA mapping of the cancer and then devise a VERY specific treatment for it. Before they can do that, we need to get her in a bit better health - mostly just get LOTS more food in her. Wish us luck and keep praying for her.

9. Sarah now really likes the Pink song So What? for 2 reasons: the Na, na, na, na, na, na part and her name is PINK. Nuff said.

10. Our living room... Before, During and After (and we've kept it clean)  

The Before Shot - We dumped everything pulled out of drawers, kids rooms, office, hallway, etc that didn't have a spot or just needed us to go through (like papers) in the living room.


We sorted papers and put stuff to sell or give away in bags and gathered trash.

And... Ta-Dah!  Clean at last - unless you count the dirt devil we hadn't put away yet. :)

Talk about transparency and full disclosure.  This should make everyone feel better about messy houses.  Andy and I have really been working on the house.  It's been slow going but we're making progress and it feels really good.  I've been in the guest room a little every day to clean it out (think living room dirty) and we've been so much better about picking up after ourselves in the most used rooms of the house.  Hooray!!!  

1 comment:

Gammy said...

What can I say but WOW! Now get working on "my room" Good job.