Sunday, June 14, 2009

Foot Update - Infection!



The good side and the bad side of Will's foot. 

Well the good news is that it's just an infection so no cast or anything AND the red doesn't even seem to reach up to the top black line now.  The bad news - not much of that.  It's kind of yucky (see picture above) but he's on antibiotics and pain meds so we'll see how it goes.  The burst blister is new and bandaged.  He was TERRIBLE at the NextCare (big fan!), screaming just because he was in the room.  It took 3 of us to get an X-Ray of his little foot just to make sure nothing else was going on.  The only part Will liked was that the Dr. took a sharpie to the redness and outlined it.  He offered his other foot for coloring too.  The outline is so that we can see if the infection spreads and how much.  We head back to the Dr. tomorrow for a re-check.  So today will be a movie and rest day.  Wish us luck.

I asked how he got it and the Dr. said it could have been a tiny, tiny cute from shoes or something else and it just got infected.  I'm scared to put his little flip flops on him now since I think that's what he was wearing.  Poor little guy.

Also, I must gush about our triage nurse - Tanya.  Wonderful!!  She made me feel so good about calling the pediatrician's office this morning.   I really hate having to call triage because I have no clue whether we wait for Monday or head to the ER.  She found me the NextCare and suggested we do that over having to sit in an ER.  She called back a few minutes ago (took me a few seconds to realize who was on the phone) to check on Will and see if I took him in and what they said.  How sweet is that! 
 
Anyways, it should be a fun day of watching Will's foot, sitting around, doling out Tylenol and Midol and making sure Will doesn't get any worse.  Woohoo!

No comments: